Kent’s Pick: 2010 Boscarelli Vino Nobile di Montepulciano, $29.99

I checked my bank account after the holidays, and let’s just say it’s ugly. That said, I should be writing up a bottle from our Back Wall Bargain section, but I’ve been wanting to try the 2010 Boscarelli since we received it a few weeks ago. So I bucked up and spent a little more than I was planning on—it was worth it.  The wine is comprised of 85 percent Sangiovese Prugnolo Gentile, with the remaining 15 percent made up of Colorino, Canaiolo and Mammolo. It spends 18 to 24 months in oak, and is then aged in bottle for several more months before it is released. This one definitely wants food and paired very well with a pan fried, seasoned pork chop and roasted vegetables. It shows dusty black cherry, a little plum, with some leather and spice. The alcohol is 13.5 percent, and the wine still has excellent acidity. Shows very well now, but I’m grabbing a couple extra bottles so I can revisit it in another three years or so.