- 4 New York Strip Steaks, trimmed (on sale this week!)
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Szeged Steak Rub
- Let steaks sit at room temperature, covered, for about 20 minutes before grilling
- Crank your grill up to high and coat steaks completely in olive oil
- Season liberally with Szeged Steak Rub (warning: this stuff is absolutely delicious!)
- Set steaks on grill and cook until slightly charred (4 minutes)
- Flip steaks and grill another 3+ minutes (see below to determine which temperature to cook to)
- Remove steaks from grill, cover, and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving
The Perfect Steak: Get Out the Thermometer!
Note: Consuming raw or undercooked meats may increase your risk of foodborne illness. The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services recommends beef be cooked to 145°F with a 3 minute rest time.