- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 4 cups spinach leaves, washed
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 medium frozen banana, sliced
- Place ingredients in a blender in the following order: milk, yogurt, spinach, pineapple and banana, and secure the lid. Blend on high until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve immediately.
For a thicker smoothie, use frozen pineapple chunks as well as the sliced, frozen banana. Make your own frozen fruit for smoothies by cutting up fresh pineapple and bananas and freezing the pieces on a baking sheet; then transfer to a zip-close bag for storage. Drained canned pineapple freezes just as well as fresh.
260 calories, 4 g. fat, 10 mg. cholesterol, 135 mg. sodium, 49 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 12 g. protein