This whole recipe can be prepared for less than $2/serving
thanks to our Co+op Basics Program!
Here's a great recipe that you can just throw together in your slow cooker before leaving for the day! Ready in 8 hours 10 minutes and serves 8.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 organic onion, chopped
- 1 (16 oz) can chili beans
- 1 (15 oz) can kidney beans
- 1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chili pepper
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- Brown ground beef in a medium skillet and drain juice.
- Mix all ingredients in a slow cooker and heat on low for 8 hours.
- Optional: Serve with shredded cheese, tortilla chips, and/or sour cream.
Bold items are part of the Co+op Basics Program.