20% off this Cheese of the Month!
Our cheese of the month is Cacow Belle from Rogue Creamery! This intriguing blend of cheddar, Lillie Belle chocolate, and spice goes perfect in this stuffed french toast recipe. The sweetness, spice, and notes of heat taste great with shortbread and honey, or apple mini galettes.
Pairing Notes: Cacow Belle is amazing with a fresh pot of coffee, a vintage tawny port, or a Reisling.
Rogue Creamery is Oregon's first Social Benefit company audited by B-Lab. They're also certified Organic by Oregon Tilth and certified for sustainability by Food Alliance. Their goal is to be zero-impact by 2021.
Stuffed French Toast
This dreamy stuffed French toast is perfect for brunch! The cheese is a luscious combination of buttery cheddar with hints of cocoa and cinnamon courtesy of Lillie Belle Chocolate and a finishing note of heat. The complex flavors layer with the cheese and add depth and richness to this brunch-time superstar.
- One loaf of Challah or Brioche
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 8 tsp. raspberry preserves (seedless)
- 6 oz. Cacow Belle, shredded
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 c. cream or half and half
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 tbsp sugar
- pinch salt
- 3 tbsp. butter
- powdered sugar & fresh raspberries (for garnish)
Thanks to Rogue Creamery for this amazing recipe!
- Slice bread into 16 slices, about ¾” wide.
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese onto each slice of bread.
- Spread a 1 tsp. of raspberry preserves on top of 8 slices of bread.
- Pile ¼ - 1/3 c. of shredded Cacow Belle on top of jam and top with remaining slices of bread, cream cheese side down.
- In a large, shallow bowl, combine eggs, cream, vanilla, sugar and salt and whisk well until combined.
- Melt 1 tbsp. butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Dip one sandwich into custard mixture for 3 seconds and carefully flip over to coat both sides. Gently place sandwich into warm skillet and cook for 3 minutes until golden brown. Do not crowd skillet. Flip sandwich and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until custard is set and cheese is melted.
- Place cooked sandwiches in a warm oven until all sandwiches are cooked. Add 2 tsp. of butter to skillet between batches of sandwiches. Just prior to serving, top with powdered sugar and fresh raspberries.